(Updated December 2017)
GSBC's Family Files consist of donated family group sheets, descendant reports, and other genealogical information. GSBC Member Dr. Joseph Boyle III, with the help of a number of GSBC volunteers, has painstakingly entered the individual data into genealogy software and then converted the entire collection into webpages.
Please Note: The information contained in these records was submitted by members and may (and does) contain errors. The society is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in the records. We have restored the sources, and have tried to add as many correct citations as possible, quite a few of which are available online. No contact information for the original submitter is displayed.
Exploring the Collection
Online Family Files Indexes
Individual data from GEDCOM submissions to the GSBC Family Files. There are three different ways to explore the indexes to the collection:
- Surname Index—An alphabetical list of the surnames, e.g., "Baldwin; Bale; Balfour; Baliste; Ball;…"
- Master Index—A range of names, e.g., "Baldwin, Richard to Banta, Judith Abramsdr"
- Searchable Index—Dedicated search engine for searching the GSBC Family Files only.
Family File Papers and In-Person Research
The GSBC's Family Files are located in a locked file cabinet outside of the Bolger Heritage Center at the Ridgewood Public Library (please see the Reference Desk or Bolger Heritage Center for the key). The contents of the GSBC Family Files have been cataloged and some materials scanned:
- Family Files Catalog—List, by surname, of the loose papers available at the Bolger Heritage Center.
- Bible and Family Records—List, by surname, of records in the GSBC's collection (photocopies). These records are located in the Bolger Heritage Center, in a reference binder in the stacks.
- All researchers may use these records at the Bolger during normal Ridgewood Public Library operating hours.
- GSBC Members can request free scans from these records.
- Non-members can order a scan through our store ($5 per record)—please select the "Submit a Query" item.
- Scanned Family Files—Obituaries, bible records, and some photos from the GSBC's Family Files have been scanned and are available on the computers at the Bolger Heritage Center at the Ridgewood Public Library.
Adding Your Family's Information to the Collection
Researchers are encouraged to contribute their family's information, scans of photos, family and Bible records, and other materials of genealogical research interest to the GSBC Family Files so that future generations may discover and enjoy them.
If you would like to add your family tree data to our Family Files, please send the data in GEDCOM file format to our e-mail addess: email@example.com
If you can't send them electronically, please use our mailing address:
GSBC Family Files
PO Box 432
Midland Park, NJ 07432-9998